The Bottom Line
- Simplifies a lot of the explanations by not introducing HTML until near the end of the book.
- Explains efficiency aspects of different coding techniques.
- The only book I have seen to properly explain the use of finally with exception handling.
- Domonstrates some features that are considered to be poor coding techniques.
- Defines undefined and null backwards. If a variable doesn't exist it is null.
- Suggests using i for a loop variable comes from laziness whereas it really comes from Fortran.
- First Edition: 2011
- 205 page paperback
- Published by No Starch Press
- ISBN: 978-1-59327-282-1
- A Modern Introduction to Programming
- Author: Marijn Haverbeke