The Bottom Line
- Set out like a programmer would expect a book introducing a language to be set out.
- Uses the same approach as expected in a book on programming.
- Covers both error handling and best coding practices.
- Doesn't show better alternatives to <noscript>
- Doesn't mention the extra checkbox Opera places in system dialogs.
- Doesn't mention that IE and Firefox allow the useragent to be changed to anything at all.
- Doesn't mention using <\/script> in code to prevent it terminating the script.
- Second edition published 2009
- 800 page paperback
- Published by Wiley Publishing Inc
- ISBN 978-0-470-22780-0
- A WROX professional guide (programmer to programmer)
- Author Nicholas C Zakas